Festival-goers will be able to sample some of Marlborough's world class wines from over 40 local wineries and taste gourmet cuisine from over 25 food stalls, all in one of Marlborough's most beautiful locations - Brancott Vineyard. You’ll enjoy day long entertainment from Hollie Smith and Supergroove and many other great artists on both the main stage and acoustic stage. For the wine aficionados, there are two wine Master Classes - ‘Drink Pink: Think Cheese’, a Rosé and Kaikoura Cheese Master Class, and ‘Queen of the Grapes: King of the Seas’, a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Regal Marlborough King Salmon Master Class. These will be presented by some of the region’s leading winemakers and top New Zealand foodies.
For the budding fashionistas the very popular Fashion in the Vines competition will be running again and a new photo competition has begun for 2017 so be sure to find the frames and take a snap with your friends and tag us! The very successful Culinary Pavilion will yet again host a bevy of celebrity chefs and cooking demonstrations for the most discerning foodies and remember to check out the Supreme Wine and Food Match competition and vote for your favourite on the day. We’d also like to say a great big thank you to our fantastic premier sponsors who continue to support this event: Blenheim Toyota, Gordon Handy Machinery & John Deere, Toll, ANZ, New World Blenheim, Interislander, TNL and Bayleys Marlborough.
The 2017 festival will be held on Saturday 11th February. Check out this footage from the 2015 Festival and see what a spectacular day it promises to be!
10:30 to 18:00
Check out the Ticket Page to find out about all the ticketing options available to our Festival-goers.
- Wine sales cease at 17:30 (Festival ends at 18:00)
- There are no bottle sales at the festival, however wineries do have the option for festival goers to pre-purchase wine to collect from their cellar door at a later or mail order
- After 3pm, festival goers are only allowed to purchase 2 glasses at a time per customer
- Wine pours come in two measures – a 'Tasting' measure @ 47ml and a 'Glass' measure @ 120ml
Cost of wine pours are dictated by the wineries and can therefore vary, however, as an indicator, the average for a glass of wine is listed below:
- Sauvignon Blanc: $4 - $8
- Pinot Gris: $4 - $8
- Riesling: $4 - $8
- Chardonnay: $5 - $10
- Pinot Noir: $6 - $12
- The event is R18. No one under the age of 18, even if accompanied by a guardian, will be permitted on site
- Please make sure you dress to impress – you may be snapped by one of our roving photographers and videographers for future marketing purposes!
- The festival site is SMOKEFREE. However there will be two clearly marked designated smoking areas
- Lions Club Marlborough provide Public car parking at the festival. The parking fee is $5 and is part of Lions annual fundraising
- It is recommended you bring your own SEALED water bottle. There are 6 water stations at the festival where you can get a refill, but cups are also available.We will also have mobile water carriers wandering around the site throughout the day courtesy of ‘Liquid Action’ making sure you stay hydrated!
- First Aid is available at the event, this is clearly indicated in the Festival Programme
- Pack sunscreen and a hat! The Cancer Society are also present to provide sunscreen and sun protection
- Lost property is held at the festival information tent until 5pm, thereafter it will be taken to the Blenheim Police Station – 03 578 5279
- The event will go ahead rain or shine
- No beverages (other than water) are allowed to be taken onto the site and will be confiscated and poured away on entry
- No foods are allowed to be taken on site – unless you have specific dietary requirements and have been granted permission to do so in writing by the Festival Organisers
- Bags will be searched on entry
- Large umbrellas and gazebos are not allowed on site, shade will be provided. We do welcome picnic rugs and low chairs
- You may appear in photos used for publicity
- Please support our Zero Waste policy
- Strictly no dogs allowed on site